Leave class empowered and with a spark of motivation to take on home cooking with a new perspective. For Ages 13-adult – groups and families encouraged to attend (discount for groups of 4 or more)
Wednesday evening 6 – 8pm – last one for this series:
All classes include:
- Hands on prep and cooking instruction: kitchen knife skills, basic cooking techniques
- Recipes we prepare serve as a model that you can modify to create even more dishes using substitutions for recipe ingredients, etc
- nutrition information, food facts, questions answered, fun, and tastings (and sometimes enough for a take home box too!)
- Minimum 3 participants pre-registered for each class to run
- $60 each or $275 for 5 class session
September 27 – The Well-Fed Vegan (Quality Protein for all): Make the transition to healthier eating and build your repertoire of meals. Whether you cook for yourself and/or others who have made a conscious change, you will learn much about how to improve your food combining, selection, planning and cooking skills.
October 4 – Eating Seasonal-Autumn: Amazing recipes and techniques to build up the immune system for the colder weather ahead. Focusing on naturally warming foods, Ayurvedic, and 5 Element Theory principles.
October 11 – Sugar Blues: Sugar addiction is real and we tackle this issue by discussing (while cooking) how to 1) regulate blood sugar levels 2) reduce sugar intake and 3) prepare and eat food to reduce the body’s dependence on sugar.
October 18 – Truth About Fats / Truth about Carbohydrates: Exploring: the differences as it pertains to what we eat and the affect on our bodies; which are best digested and why; why we need quality nutrients found in fats and carbs.
October 25 – Cooking for Healthy Bones: Important nutrients – from food – for bone formation and strength. Focus will be on a myriad of foods and recipes for bone health and preventing bone loss. Good for any age, male or female, athletes, we all have ’em!